If you know me at all, you know that I am obsessed with podcasts. I listen to them everyday. Here are a few that I have really enjoyed lately.
- Start Here (ABC News)- 15 minute episodes that update me on daily news, and explain some big things in politics that I may be unclear on. I listen to this one everyday.
- Escaping Nxivm– investigative journalism that explores a cult and the lasting effects it has on people who get out. It was super interesting.
- Reply All (Gimlet)- technology investigations. This is my favorite podcast, and honestly I don’t think there is a better way to describe it then to say “start with episode ‘long distance relationship, parts 1 & 2’ you’ll be hooked!”
- The Drop Out (ABC News)- it’s a 5 episode exploration into the Elizabeth Holmes scandal. I heard this was going to be made into a movie in 2020. It’s gripping.
- By the Book (Stitcher)- very funny show. Two ladies, they read a self help book, and have to live by it for two weeks. The premise it great, and they record little conversations throughout the process with their husbands. All different topics, authors, points of view. It’s a light and fun one.
- The Dream– all about MLM’s and the impact they have had on American culture. The history, and the stories are very interesting. highly recommend.
- Here to Make Friends (huffpost)- guilty pleasure, but if you watch the bachelor franchise, you will love this podcast. It is the only one worth the listen. Thats all I have to say.
- Still Processing (NYtimes)– I can’t rave about this enough. The interaction between the two hosts on this show is wonderful, they have thoughtful and processed perspectives on topics (race, gender, politics, culture.) They haven’t uploaded an episode in a few weeks, I’m hoping it is just a break, because I LOVE this show.
- Over My Dead Body (Wondery)- in the same vein as Dirty John (also a recommendation, if you haven’t already heard it) but not as good. The story is great, but the ending is not satisfying (think Serial season 1.)
- Press Send (Dear Media)- another fun and light show, but real and organized. I hate talk shows that have people talking over one another or disorganized content. It’s the only one I listen to that is purely “talk show.” nice to workout to.
If you ever want a review, I have SO MANY that I have either tried and hated, or they felt too slow, and many more that I have enjoyed.