Let’s talk morning sickness.
Or should I call it “all day and all night sickness”??
I told a friend of mine the other day, “I feel like I have had the flu for a year.” My morning sickness lasted 35 weeks, after week 24 it lightened up a BIT, but the rocking/nausea/vomiting lasted up until 35 weeks. And with work, it made life very uncomfortable and difficult.
My symptoms were:
- extreme fatigue
- constant rocking feeling
- food aversion
- restless leg
While it did last for the whole time, I found these things to be useful:
- FOR SLEEP:
- 2 benadryl every night or
- 1 unison
- 800 MG Magnesium oxide
- FOR NAUSEA:
- EAT- when your body tells you it wants to throw up, eat something. It goes against all things natural, but is completely necessary. I just had crackers and fig bars on hand at all times.
- Sea bands
- Vitamin B6
- morning wellness tea
- preggo pops
- morning ease ginger lozenges
- Ginger Mint lip balm– THIS ONE IS THE BEST!!!!
- RESTLESS LEG
- Magnesium oxide (this help with migraines, constipation, and restless leg.)
- ice packs on my legs
- pillow between ankles so they aren’t touching
- stay hydrated throughout day
- intentional walk
- swimming (I didn’t do much of this, but I have heard it’s a great reliever.)
- Stay away from vigorous exercise before bed, it can make it worse.
- 50 calf raises before bed (sometimes I do 200-400 throughout the night.)
- 100 squats before bed
- calf stretch
- front thigh stretch
- hip flexer stretch (this one is awesome!)
- CHECK OUT THIS LINK for in depth stretches with pictures.
- See this post for migraine/headache help